Welcome Wasaga Beach Soccer Coaches
Thanks to all our volunteer coaches. Without your help our club could not exist. If you are interested in coaching a team this year please fill out a coaching application at registration or e-mail us.
What is Required to Be a Coach
Are you an enthusiastic individual who has a genuine interest in working with young children to help them enjoy an athletic team experience while learning new skills at the same time? Well these are the only prerequisites needed for this fulfilling position. The WBSC will provide you with information, support, materials and equipment to help you during the summer soccer season. All coaches must be over 16 years of age and will need to provide a copy of a valid police check to the WBSC. Please print of copy of the letter below and take it with you to your local police station.
Reference Check letter
If you are interested in volunteering as a House League Coach with the Wasaga Beach Soccer Club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
As a WBSC volunteer coach, please understand the time and commitment that is required to participate as being a coach of a team. As a volunteer coach your duties may include but is not limited to:
- Attending a coaches meeting prior to the start of the season to receive team rosters, uniforms, soccer balls and a coaches bag. Once a coach has received their player list, calls to parents should be made within 48 hours informing them of their child’s team colour, name and pre-game meeting night.
- Throughout the season a coach must remain in continuous contact with players and parents to let them know about game schedules, times, locations and practice information.
- It is expected that Coaches wear the Volunteer Shirts or Jerseys provided by the WBSC to every game.
- Coaches must be committed to providing weekly practices in addition to the weekly games. It is expected that all coaches will arrive ahead of the scheduled times to set up for drills or have their players warmed up in preparation for the game.
- It is the responsibility of the coaches to notify players and parents if you are unable to attend a practice and or games. It is the responsibility of the coach to ask for a parent volunteer to step forward to fill in while you are away.
- Coaches should always be positive and demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to supporting the learning and development of each player on the field.
- If you would like assistance with learning new drills, or suggestions of games to encourage skill development please don’t be afraid to ask. Our Board members are more than happy to provide you with any support you might need.
- Coaches for our development teams are responsible for:
- Completing all of the Required Courses for your preferred division.
- Preparing game sheets and bringing 3 copies to each game.
- Submitting game sheets to the HDSL and or entering information into the HDSL site http://hdsl.e2esoccer.com/Default.aspx
- Failure to comply with these requirements results in fines to the WBSC
|Failure to report score within 24hrs in E2E
|Incomplete game sheet
|Failure to update E2E with team changes
As mentioned above, if you are interested in becoming a coach or assistant coach for a development/competitive team U9-U18 you must complete the following courses as outlined by the Ontario Soccer Association: The Wasaga Beasch Soccer Club will reimburse interested coaches $200 for the Soccer For Life Course upon proof of completion. If you are interested in coaching a youth team please email Dean Gilliam email@example.com
Development League Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches U9-U12
Learn to Train OR Soccer For Life + Med + Respect in Soccer
Competitive Head Coaches and Assistant Coaches U13+
Soccer For Life +MED + Respect in Soccer + Making Headway In Soccer ( online course provided by NCCP).