Cancellation 2020 Season

Dear Wasaga Beach Soccer members and families:
Over the last three months the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted the lives of everyone across the world. Our board has been closely monitoring the situation and following the direction outlined by OSA and our governing body HDSL.

For those who have registered and paid, refunds will be processed over the next month please allow us some time to go through this, as it is a large job for our volunteer board members. If you paid by cheque, it will not be cashed. If you paid by cash, a cheque will be printed and mailed directly to you. We appreciate your patience while we sort through the registration refund details.

As a result of the ongoing uncertainty of COVID-19 and associated public safety concerns, it is with regret that the WBSC has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 outdoor soccer season for all Timbits, house league, and travel team players. As a board we feel keeping our members, families and our community safe is our number one priority. We cannot in good conscience plan for a soccer season, and risk the health and safety of the children and their families. Playing soccer at this time would not be in the best interest of players, our volunteer coaches and referees. Additionally, our board does not feel that we can successfully plan and offer a quality season at this moment given all of the unknown factors and new guidelines to implement as outlined by the OSA.

We do sincerely regret not being able to provide our recreational programs to the community this summer, but we trust that everyone understands the impact that this pandemic has had on our planning cycle, as well as our larger wish to ensure the safety of all of our players.
Thank you families for your time and commitment to our club, we hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Hopefully, we will see everyone return for Summer 2021.